Single images from a newsworthy event or covering a social topic or single images on breaking news.
Single images, unscripted, that capture a topic of social interest and that have storytelling features and provoke a powerful emotional response.
Single images that capture a person and the essence of his/her character.
A series of images (minimum 8, maximum 12) that reflect the human experience, celebrate life and cultural identities, explore an important topic in society, politics, economics, demonstrate understanding and appreciation for the daily life as part of a community or that focus on showcasing the human condition and describe a sense of justice or a deep observation of difficult problems.
This section is inspired by the work Mihai dedicated, during his last years, for “Four Paws” organization.
Mihai named “BEAUTY OF THE BEAST” his last photo calendar produced for “Four Paws”. Consequently, the images competing under this section must capture: empathy and respect for the animals, saving animals in immediate danger, the joy of taking care of an animal, the protection of wild life.
This category is sponsored by “Four Paws” welfare society.
This year, only 1st place winners from each category win material prizes.
The winners of the 2nd and 3rd prizes will receive an honorary diploma and their pictures will be posted on the contest website and on social media networks.
2. The pictures submitted to this contest should be:
3. All the names of authors, number of images and the categories they run for will be published under the section “Participants”.
4. Each author can submit a maximum of 25 singles or stories. A submition means a photo in the “Single image” category or a photo reportage including 12 photos. Pictures entered in the category “Photo-report” should contain a count indicating their order (after the form described above) and additional text explanation/description.
5. Participants can submit pictures to one or more categories.
6. For each category there will be three winners.
7. We don’t accept altered pictures. We only accept edited pictures (color and light adjustment, .etc) whose content was not digitally altered or manipulated. The Jury may ask for the original file in case of doubt.
8. The Organizers may use the images awarded under this contest for promotional purposes but not for commercial purposes. The Organizers will mention the name of the author each time the images will be used.
1. The jury consists of min 3, max 4 members. At least one jury member is an international photographer;
2. Members of the jury must prove high professional, moral and ethical standards;
3. Members of the jury must be experienced professionals in journalism, audio-visual, cinematography or arts;
4. The members of the jury will be announced before the contest opens for submissions;
5. Members of the jury will rank each photo individually and ranking of all members will be summed at the end. Top 10 pictures will be sent back to the jury for a new round of ranking. Organizers and sponsors will not get involved under any circumstances in the jury’s deliberations.
2. For each category there will be three winners, in the order of accumulated points;
3. Once the judging completed, the winners will be announced both online (on site) and in private, using the contact information indicated in the CV submitted when registering for the contest;
4. An Award Ceremony will be organized on the October 12th, announcing the winners of the contest and showcasing the images that entered the final phase, for each category;
5. The slide-show with finalist pictures as well as with winning pictures will be posted online and archived on the contest website under “Archives” section;
6. In the event that winners can’t be present at the Award Ceremony, the prizes will be sent to the address included in the CV.
ORGANIZERS AND SPONSORS CAN ABSOLUTELY NOT INFLUENCE THE DECISIONS OF THE JURY.
BY SUBMITTING PICTURES TO THIS CONTEST WE CONSIDER THAT ALL PARTICIPANTS READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND AGREE WITH ALL THE CONDITIONS SET BY ORGANIZERS.
BY NOT COMPLYING WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ANY PARTICIPANT WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.